Monday, October 4, 2010

Please Enjoy!





We have a winner in our name Dean’s Blog contest. You guessed it. It is my wife Kaly. Favoritism aside, she came up with the logical one – Please Enjoy! – the valedictory of my Philharmonic Society letters. Because she gets to sit with her husband at the Vienna Philharmonic performance in March, I am happy to announce that four runner-up entries in the contest will each be offered a pair of tickets to the Thursday, March 3, 2011 performance of the Vienna Philharmonic with Semyon Bychkov conducting the Mahler Sixth. The lucky winners are:
Amy Bauer for “Orange Peal” (clever)

Richard Nordrum for “sweetearful” (also clever)

Richard Stein for “Dean Beans” (everyone loved this one except me. Thought it was stupid though it was food-related.) Note: Rick Stein is a friend and colleague over at ArtsOC, so when I say "stupid," I say it with fondness and a laugh.

Catalina Quintero for “Notes in Dean Major” (both cute and delightfully cornball)
Congratulations to the winners and thanks for nearly 70 entries.

Please Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment